On Saturday, July 8th 2017 The Florida South Chapter Strategic Planning Meeting was held and hosted by Industry Partner, Lutron Electronics, Inc. in Plantation Florida. We would like to extend a special thank you Nira Gautamand and Rafael Lopez, both South Florida representatives, who gave all the attendees a tour of the Lutron Experience Center. To visit or schedule your own private tour of this state-of-the-art facility please call (954) 577-6294.
The meeting was led by incoming president Sonia Longchamp, ASID. The purpose of the Strategic Planning session is for members and the Board of Directors to come together as a team to discuss our goals for the coming year, review ASID National goals, and plan how merge and to implement the two strategies. We had a great turnout with 18 designers, educators, industry partners, students, past and present board members present.
In addition to our commitment to providing professional, educational and fun experiences for our members, we are working towards upholding Nationals vision to the following:
- Design Impacts Life- “ASID advances the profession and communicates the impact of interior design to enhance the human experience.“
- Living the Brand- “Ensure our brand (ASID) is credible and delivers recognizable benefits and value to our customers and stakeholders.”
- Communication- “Deliver consistent, timely, and engaging messaging that leverages multiple media and channels of communications”
- Diversity & Inclusion –“Demographic shifts are creating significant opportunities and implications for the industry and profession; to remain relevant today and long into the future ASID needs to address the strategic importance of diversity and inclusion.”
- Alternate Revenue Streams- “Create a portfolio of new and innovative offerings that generate alternative revenue at scale.”
We discussed various ways to move forward with the goals above, as well as how to get more involvement within our chapter among Students, Professional, Allied, and Industry Partner Members.
Industry Partners: If would like to participate in an event, please reach out to us! Professional and Allied members: If there is a specific event you would like us to pull together, let us know, we are always open to ideas! As the second largest chapter in the nation and over 1,400 members, exceeding our goals could be accomplished if every member volunteered just once every year! Reach out to Jeffrey at the ASID office, (954) 926-7555 or email@example.com and he can put you in contact with the right board member.